Below are Key Highlights of two of our CIO resumes to demonstrate the quality of resource on our roster. For additional information about these and other resources contact Verto & Associates LLC
Example Bio #1
CIO - A $250M Freight, Warehousing, and Storage Company
Reversed 6+ years of major technical service delivery issues by orchestrating a complete transformation of the IT infrastructure, mission-critical systems, governance standards, team composition, and IT culture.
- Performance Turnaround: Retained B2B/B2C contracts in jeopardy with global clients in apparel, consumer electronics and other industries by reducing turnaround time.
- Achieving 99% uptime, and eliminating single points of failure.
- Virtualization & Infrastructure Overhaul: Achieved 50% savings by moving from traditional to virtual servers.
- Infrastructure overhaul eliminated operational latency, and increased operational performance and throughput for EDI and scanning operations.
- Relocated data center to a level 4 secure co-location facility eliminating environmental risk.
- PMO & IT Governance: Restarted a failed ERP implementation. Subsequent projects were managed using best-practice methodologies.
- Launching formal project management office (PMO) and IT Governance initiatives enabling improved management of scope, budget, and timelines.
- Technical Talent Pool: Created a high-performing technical team by replacing poor performers, bringing in high-caliber specialists, and establishing a robust technical training program for ongoing skills upgrades
- Business System Integration & Optimization: Improved invoicing and positive pay leading to cost savings of unbilled revenue by reclaiming a failed ERP platform
- Replaced legacy Warehouse Management System with “Best of Breed” WMS
- Implemented 700,000 sq. ft. fully automated pick/pack solution for international retail organizations
- Led the implementation of a new TMS transportation system providing seamless Dispatch and Billing
- Selected and implemented a Transportation Fleet Management solution
- Cloud Services & Outsourcing: Mitigated the risk of data losses and significantly reduced recovery time by transitioning critical services to the Cloud and strategic outsource partners. Cut recovery times from weeks to just 1 hour by implementing data center colocation and cloud storage services.
Example Bio #2
Senior Information Technology Executive
- Turned around multi-department IT Division. Drove down project backlog from 125 to manageable 25, changed estimating process to be within 10% tolerance, corrected year-end programming for 2500 programs-and assisted other locations with their year-end backlog, application programming group moved from being bottleneck in process to proactive agent for improving company and client information processing, improved efficiency in computer operations group processing to be completed within required guidelines and allowed system users to log in 2½ hours earlier, and focus of network administration group allowed for less down-time for ~300 users as well as better security protection of environment.
- Assisted over 20 healthcare entities with HIPAA/HITECH compliance. Included HIPAA/HIETCH compliance assessments, risk assessments, readiness reviews, policy and procedure development, monitoring corrective actions and developing compliant policies and procedures. Clients include 2 prominent university medical schools, 2 national pharmaceutical benefits companies, hospitals, clinical systems, private practices and business associates.
- Converted long-term care company with hospice subsidiary to HIPAA/HITECH compliant, and passing OCR audit with ‘flying colors.’ Identified risks, and provided clear corrective plan of action. Assisted in writing literature in marketing HIPAA/HITECH compliance for healthcare provider.
- As Interim CIO, led medical device company forward in progression of IT department. Assessed overall IT. Identified needs for replacing server environment with blade servers, server virtualization, storage area network and replacement plan of antiquated personal computers. Oversaw projects to develop data warehouse and selection of business intelligence software to identify sales, marketing and production problems. Implemented new ERP system and gained even better business processes. Developed IT steering committee structure, and standard IT policies and procedures, i.e. security and privacy. Assisted in selection of new CIO.